Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just call me alexander...

My favorite book/movie ever is Into the Wild written about Christopher McCandless a.k.a. Alexander Supertramp. For those who have never read it, the book is about a young man that, after graduating college, leaves home unannounced to travel the country without any money to his name. He ultimately decides that he wants to go to Alaska. The story ends tragically with Alex dying after eating a poisionous plant. One of the that last things he writes is, "Happiness is best shared with others." After running away from civilization, he gets so far away from everything that he can never go back.

That's what I want this blog to be about. Not about solitude, but about my adventures with the best friends I could ever ask for. Every so often I get itchy feet and feel the need to escape where I'm at. My friends are always there to pick me up or pack their things and go with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment